Who Am I?
I am a communications professional with over 10 years of experience. From creating, managing and publishing content to developing strategic communication plans, I have effective and direct communication skills with a proven ability to reach out to a wide array of audiences.
With a diverse background in communications, technical writing, and hospitality, I have experience in developing project plans and managing schedules, documentation and communication channels for projects with multiple contributors. My strong focus on customer satisfaction and quality is supported by over 15 years of experience in customer service and team-oriented environments. I am also an experienced public speaker who applies polish and professionalism to presentations.
Growing up in Brantford Ontario, I spent 2 years living and working in the Canadian Rocky Mountains before moving to Vancouver where I lived for 15 years. In 2011, I made the move to France to experience life on the other side of the pond.
Dedicated to personal and professional development, I bring my enthusiasm for learning into my work. A self-propelled individual who aspires new challenges, I enjoy applying my skills to dynamic, creative projects and environments.
Below are some of the main skills I have acquired throughout my career:
Review details of my professional background as both a full-time employee and a freelancer.
- Develop and maintain user guides and online help information while taking advantage of single-sourcing tools to streamline work loads
- Oversee the planning of information needs and documentation for new products and developments
- Follow development cycle to ensure existing documentation is updated accordingly
- Work with the onboarding team to develop training materials for training sessions
- Regularly review and discuss user documentation needs with the Customer Service Teams to improve existing documentation and develop new solutions
- Work with the Product Team and Development to propose and develop processes that include documentation and translation
- Create templates for documents, user guides, and training materials
- Develop and maintain process documentation and standards for the documentation department
- Develop and maintain online help information and other documentation as required
- Maintain content on the Proactive Support Website, including the News page, FAQ, and Document Library
- Work with trainers to develop training materials for e-learning and classroom training
- Participate in project meetings to ensure end-user information needs are taken into account by the Project Managers
- Participate in the development and review of project documentation deliverables
- Create templates for documents, publications and media
- Partake in the planning of information needs and documentation for each project
- Develop and maintain process documentation for the Support and Service Operations team and interfacing departments
- Created, verified and continuously improved website content to produce commercial texts that best reflect the style, amenities and facilities of hotels to optimize the number of reservations
- Gathered essential information by contacting hotels and working with the local sales team
- Monitored and evaluated content effectiveness using system tools and reports
- Wrote content for the website, intranet, and external print publications
- Managed the website and intranet by evaluating the content and structure for effectiveness and implementing changes in line with web trends and technologies and the overall communications strategy
- Managed production and budgets of communications department projects including events, the website redesign, re-branding initiative, print publications, and an online annual report
- Contributed to developing and implementing the organisation’s strategic communications plan in general and specifically as it pertained to web-based communications
- Developed dialogue with internal stakeholders to gain input and buy‐in for communications projects
- Received, managed, and responded to all incoming Olympic 2010 bid inquiries from the general public to the main electronic mailbox
- Performed public relations tasks by providing information and answering questions in the office, on the telephone, and at community events
- Supported communications activities by completing concurrent work assignments, including: updating the website, preparing Power Point presentations, coordinating events and meetings, and organising and distributing promotional material
- Managed all in-coming visitor traffic to the office by coordinating meetings and assisting VIP visitors with their needs
- Wrote content for the Hotel IT products user guides
- Investigated technical concepts by conducting research, interviewing technical experts, and testing software
- Managed the production, creation and maintenance of the user guide and end-user tutorials for the online award application system
- Analysed and defined documentation needs to produce a project plan which included content architecture, schedules, and delivery plans
- Contributed as a team member in the long-term project to design, implement, and maintain a web-enabled award application system
- Used customer service and troubleshooting skills on the help desk to assist health researchers using the online award application system
- Completed support tasks as needed, including: meeting arrangements, quality assurance, data entry, file management, supply resourcing
- Wrote engaging web copy for a Los Angeles-based design firm
- Researched, developed, and wrote a business plan for a start-up photography tourism business
- Designed, wrote, and developed user manuals and online help for shipping industry software
- Designed and wrote a user manual for non-technical users to update a website
Amy has a laser focus that delivers results. The work tasked to Amy was consistently delivered, ahead of schedule, and always with a careful consideration for the strategy, objectives and audience. Amy is intuitive and professional; she possesses the kind of energy that drives the whole team to do their very best.
Amy was invaluable in the preparation of our company business plan. In addition to writing, she researched marketing strategies, gathered relevant comparable figures and analysed our competitors. We are still using her work today.
I view learning as a lifelong occupation; my formal education details are highlighted below.
- Technical Communication, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver Canada | 2008
- Hospitality Management, Vancouver Community College, Vancouver Canada | 2000
- Culinary Skills & Management, Niagara Community College, Niagara Falls Canada | 1996
- MadWorld Conference, San Diego, California | 2017
- CUEFLE French Language Program, Université de Nice, Nice France | 2012 – 2013
- Canadian Public Relations Society Conference, Vancouver Canada | 2009
- Doc Train West Conference, Vancouver Canada | 2008
- Ragan Communications Web & Social Media Conference, Cary NC United States | 2008
- Introduction to Web Design & HTML, Emily Carr University of Art & Design, Vancouver Canada | 2007
- Adobe Products Level 1, Emily Carr University of Art & Design, Vancouver Canada | 2007
- Creative Writing & Advanced English Grammar, University of Bristish Columbia, Vancouver Canada | 2002